Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: what software does everyone use?

  1. #1
    Inactive Member ac_01's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 18th, 2001
    Posts
    226
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I use the bbc's free download - Scriptsmart. It's pretty decent... plus its got other formats like TV drama, TV sitcom, comic book and radio drama in case you want to branch out. [img]smile.gif[/img]

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ December 19, 2002 01:06 PM: Message edited by: ac_01 ]</font>

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Mods's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 25th, 2001
    Posts
    687
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Writing:
    MS Word and FinalDraft

    Editing:
    Adobe Premiere 6.5

    and will soon be using AVID.

    [img]smile.gif[/img]
    m0ds

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Xendar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2000
    Posts
    268
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi,

    I've recently started using Pinnacle Edition 4.5 for editing. It's a breath of fresh air to use. For many years I've been using Premiere, and am a big fan but Edition takes the crown in my opinion. Edition is certainly better for long projects.

    There is a trial version available of Edition. It's not time limited, it is the full version. The only thing the trial version does do is watermark your final output. I would certainly recommend trying it.

  4. #4
    Phaethon
    Guest Phaethon's Avatar

    Post

    Well, the only software I've ever used for editing is Adobe Premier 6.0; I jumped straight from editing on a pair of VCR's (those were the days) right to Adobe Premier. I can't imagine anything being much better.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member steven_craig's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 24th, 2001
    Posts
    337
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Final Cut Pro 3

  6. #6
    Inactive Member sn-films's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11th, 2001
    Posts
    374
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Capture/Edit:
    - MediaSudio Pro

    Soundtrack:
    - ACID Pro

    Audio Mastering:
    - Sound Forge

    CGI:
    - Animation:Master

  7. #7
    Inactive Member ickle_jim's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 29th, 2002
    Posts
    179
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Screenplay-
    Hollywood Screenplay SuperPro
    FinalDraft 5.0

    I prefere using Superpro cos im lazy and it more of the formatting automaticly. That said, i think FD is easier to go back and alter, i keep fvcking up my format when i add extra dialogue and what not.

    Anyways...

    Editing-
    Pinnacle studio 7

    For simple editing and nothing fancy this thing is nice to use. Ive read lots about it crashing and stuff tho so i think i might change.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member emjen's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 9th, 2002
    Posts
    747
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I just write in Word, i think ill try to download something with kazaa?

    I find editing (especially 'cutting') easiest with the standard windows xp program, windows movie maker. Then again, cutting is like the only thing you can do.

    I use pinnacle studio 8, but the **** program makes me download the upgrade and pay 50$ for it! thats a lame ripoff i tell ya. you think you buy a program, but you only buy half and you have to pay for the other half. I want slow motion on my effects man.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member Mods's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 25th, 2001
    Posts
    687
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    LOL @ windows movie maker.

    Reminds me of MGI VideoWave [img]tongue.gif[/img]

    m0ds

  10. #10
    Inactive Member machead's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 23rd, 2000
    Posts
    410
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Edit with, Final Cut Pro 2

    FCP is the dogs *****cks!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •